Wednesday, March 11, 2009

FOR CLYMER...THIS IS A STAND PIPE

The water pipe is deep in the ground to prevent freezing and the lift handle at the top pulls up a shaft that allows the water to bypass a seal and lets if flow out the spout. I'll take a better shot of one and post it soon. This pic is at a bad angle. The lift handle is nearest you. The spout is on the far side. This one is wrapped in foam tubing to inhibit freezing. It's my neighbor's. He's a trucker. When he's on the road I use it and other items to show him how high the snow is piling up so he'll know if he will have to tunnel in to his home when he returns. I have photos of this very stand pipe slowly disappearing in our recent record snows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! Thanks, GT

Anonymous said...

CLYMER...

My pleasure.