Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BLACK CAT.... FEBRUARY 11, 2009... MAY HE REST IN PEACE

I had to put my good buddy Black Cat to sleep today. He had a tumor that cost him his left eye a few months ago. It appears to have been putting pressure on his brain, as he was not acting like his old self in the last few days. It could be that's why he went missing for 17 days. He might not have known where he lived and had a momentary glimpse of reality and found his way home on the 17th day. At least I got to spend the last 10 days with him. He was an extra special cat. A black bundle of furry love like no other I've every known. I pray there's a cat heaven and that that's where I wind up when I'm gone to be with all my special little pals.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GT - I'm so sorry for your loss. The joy that a pet can bring is immense. Notindenile

Anonymous said...

notindenile...
Thank you very much.
I am grieving mightily over the loss of my good buddy.

Anonymous said...

Good to have furry friends, GT. The good lord knows that my little dog is the most loyal friend a man could ask for.

"If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to the man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth." ~Chief Seattle

Anonymous said...

CLYMER..

Thank you much.

Chief Seattle was a very wise man and had much to say that would benefit all of us as we repair the damage of our collective arrogance upon the land and creatures that populated our country before our ancestors arrived with 'other ideas'.
Love your little dog with all your being. Even if he growls at you now and then.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss GT
I used to have a black cat like yours many, many moons ago. I still miss him, but time helps us all heal.

Anonymous said...

Flarph...
Thanks
I miss all of the pets I've ever had.
This guy was just real special.
Everything about him was out of the ordinary.
The way he found me, the way he got lost and found his way home even with the tumor disorienting him, and the overt displays of affection he poured on me.
It will be very unusual to ever find another one like him.
But I still have my other three special boys who are unique in their own ways.
I wouldn't trade them for anything.
In fact, the real problem, at my age is beginning to be how to care for them if something happens to me, and how to live without them if something happens to them.
I am so used to having them around that life is completely empty if I don't have a cat around.
I will probably adopt older cats from now on as circumstances require.