Wednesday, October 8, 2008

4:26AM PDST GOOD MORNING GOLD BUGS!

TODAY'S REPORT: Pending home sales 7AM PDST Set my alarm for 1:00am pdst, as I suspected some overnight activity to the upside. Well, when it went off, I see that gold took off just minutes after I closed my eyes last night, in great pain, at 10pm pdst. Hadn't eaten anything since my pains started on Sunday evening, spent yesterday afternoon at the doctor and doing some blood work at the hospital where I am scheduled for an ultra sound at 7:30am on Thursday. Well I felt OK coming home last night, except I found out I had no headlights or running lights on my new truck that I just gave to Ford to fix another problem last week. I still had my hand held high beams and flashers and brake lights, and it was getting dark quick, but I made it home with out a ticket. Surprising how many people don't turn on their headlights until way after sunset, especially truckers. Anyhow, got home and ate some zucchini from the garden with onions, garlic and a bit of cheddar cheese and some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on it. How tough can that be on your intestine? Well, I found out a couple of hours later. The pain came back and I thought about going to the emergency room I had just been next to. But now it's dark and I don't have headlights. So I rolled over and somehow went to sleep only to wake up and see that gold exploded just as I had tuned out for the night in pain. Well, I set the alarm for 3:00am, then for 4:00am. At 4, the market fell about 27 dollars, apparently on the news of these "co-ordinated" rate cuts, but has also just rallied back almost to the top and is now giving back some of that. I can't believe how much money I've missed making while I'm either screwing around trying to keep this old body from hurting, or just sleeping for a couple of hours. It's like I'm being played with. Did anyone else notice that the "COMMENTS" at MarketWatch have disappeared?